Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board
The Tamilnadu Prevention and Control of Water Pollution Board was constituted by the Government of Tamilnadu in pursuance of the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974.
Any enterprise or business doing any commercial activities in Tamil Nadu is required to obtain prior permission from the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board so as to ensure that it acts in accordance with regulations set up by the Tamil nadu Pollution Control Board.
Consent to Operate
1.A covering requisition letter stating the project status of the industry and activities clearly
Compliance statement on the Consent To Establish special conditions stipulated under Water
& Air Acts
Auditor's Certificate with break up details for the actual Gross fixed Assets (final cost) duly
certified by a Chartered Accountant in the prescribed format
Photographs of the provided measures of Effluent Treatment Plant/Air Pollution Control/ other
compliances of conditions (If applicable).
Compliance statement on the Environment Clearance conditions stipulated under Environment
Protection Act (If applicable).
Agreement with Common Treatment Storage and Disposal Facility (TSDF)/ Common Bio
Medical Waste Treatment Facility (CBMWTF) (If applicable).
Procedure to Obtain Consent to Operate from Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB)
Step 1: Submit an Application through Single Window Portal
- Access the Single Window Portal (SWP) of the TNPCB.
- Register as a user on the SWP if you are not already registered.
- Click on the "Apply for Consent" button.
- Select the type of consent you are applying for, which in this case is "Consent to Operate."
- Fill out the online application form with the required details, including applicant information, establishment details, and pollution control measures implemented.
- Attach the required documents, such as project report, environmental impact assessment study, and site plan.
- Pay the applicable application fee through the SWP.
- Submit the completed application form and attachments.
Step 2: Receive Application
- The TNPCB will receive your application and assign it an application number.
- You will receive a notification from the TNPCB acknowledging receipt of your application.
Step 3: Scrutiny of Application
- The TNPCB will scrutinize your application to ensure that it is complete and that all required documents have been attached.
- If any deficiencies are found in your application, you will be notified and asked to provide the missing information or documents.
Step 4: Inspection
- If your application is found to be complete, the TNPCB may conduct an inspection of your establishment to verify the information provided in your application.
- During the inspection, the TNPCB officer will assess your pollution control measures and ensure that they are in compliance with the relevant environmental regulations.
Step 5: Issue of Consent to Operate
- If the TNPCB is satisfied with your application and the inspection findings, it will issue a Consent to Operate to your establishment.
- The Consent to Operate will specify the conditions that you must comply with to operate your establishment in an environmentally responsible manner.