Contract Labour License Registration in Tamil Nadu
What is a contract labour license?
A contract labour license is a document issued by the Directorate of Industrial Safety and Health (DISH) in Tamil Nadu to a contractor, authorizing them to employ contract workers in accordance with the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970. The license is required for all contractors who employ 20 or more contract workers.
Benefits of having a contract labour license
There are a number of benefits to having a contract labour license, including:
- It shows that the contractor is a legitimate business and that they are committed to following the law.
- It makes the contractor eligible for government contracts and other benefits.
- It helps to protect the rights of contract workers.
- It reduces the risk of legal action against the contractor.
How to apply for a contract labour license in Tamil Nadu
To apply for a contract labour license in Tamil Nadu, you must follow these steps:
- Visit the DISH website and create an account.
- Click on the "Online Services" tab and select "Application for registration certificate under contract labour act"
- Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit soft copy of application to appropriate Joint Director
- Pay the applicable fees.
- Submit the application.
- Joint Director receives the online application and assign current number
- Verification of online application/inspection by Joint Director
- If the application gets aprroved , a Registration Certificate number is alloted and the Registration Certificate is issued through online by Joint Director
If the contract labour license application is rejected, the Joint Director will provide feedback on the application and the applicant can make the necessary changes and resubmit the application.
Some of the common reasons for rejection of contract labour license applications include:
- Incomplete or inaccurate application form
- Missing required documents
- Failure to meet the eligibility criteria
- Non-compliance with the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970
The following documents are required for contract labour license registration in Tamil Nadu:
- Form 1: Application form
- Form 1A: Checklist of documents
- Form 1B: Affidavit from the employer
- Form 1C: Contract between the employer and contractor
- Form 1D: List of contract workers
- Proof of identity and address of the employer
- Proof of registration of the employer's business
- NOC from the Fire Department
- NOC from the Pollution Control Board
The processing time for a contract labour license application in Tamil Nadu is typically 15 days. However, the actual time may vary depending on the workload of the DISH office.
How we can help
We can help you with the contract labour license registration process by:
- Assisting you with completing the application form and uploading the required documents
- Reviewing your application to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Submitting your application to the DISH on your behalf
- Following up with the DISH on the status of your application
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you get your contract labour license in Tamil Nadu.